Page 1 of 1
What Makes a Great Baseball Captain?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:59 am
by Rhino
Baseball is different from many team sports where a captain can directly influence every possession. Leadership often happens through communication, preparation, and handling pressure. What qualities make someone an effective baseball captain, and should leadership ability be considered as important as statistics
Re: What Makes a Great Baseball Captain?
Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:05 am
by YaGottaBelieve27
A good baseball captain is usually less about giving speeches and more about setting the tone every day.A great baseball captain makes teammates think: If I give everything I've got, everyone else will too
Re: What Makes a Great Baseball Captain?
Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:32 am
by TigerTops
I think a good baseball captain needs strong communication and the ability to stay calm when things aren’t going well. Statistics are important, but they don’t show everything a leader brings to a team. Encouraging teammates, preparing properly, and setting a good example can have a big impact too.